Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day to all you great dads out there! Do any of you pups do what the dog above is doing? He's pretty sneaky isn't he?!?!? We hope you all can take your dad for a nice long walk or a trip to his favorite dog park today. And make sure you give him lots of snuggles and kisses for all the great things he does for you every day of the year!
For the first time in a long time my Dad Peasant is helping me with my blog entry today. It has been kind of hard for him since Tasha left us to help me post. I have been giving him all kinds of love and sitting on his feet to help him feel better.
As I promised yesterday I will show you pictures form the new dog park that we get to go to. It is a really cool place! There are lots and lots of trees that shade the trails to help keep me from getting too hot. Dad had only taken me here once before, but as soon as I got out of my DUV (Dog Utility Vehicle) I ran right to the gate. Here I am leading the way.

I thought I would throw Momma Peasant and Dad Peasant a bone and pose for a picture.

Of course, I met some of my subjects along the way. There were other doggies there, but those pictures didn't turn out very good cuz we were too fast for Dad Peasant to catch! Here is my new friend in the water. I just watched him because I didn't want to get my royal fur all wet and nasty. The water quality just was not up to my standards.

I like to keep the concerns of my subjects foremost in my mind so I must investigate all the pee-mails.

Come along Peasants, we have places to go!!

Here is a video of me leading the way up a big hill. Momma isn't doing anything mean to me in the beginning, she's just wiping the very un-Princess-like droole off my muzzle so I would look my best!

After our romp in the off-leash area I decided we needed to explore the rest of the park so we went to the beach area.
It was a bit windy and the waves startled me, so I didn't go swimming. Then what did I find?
Everywhere I Go, I Find a Throne!!

My good friend Khyra left a comment the other day wondering why I don't wear my tiara when I go out to see my adoring public. I like to think of myself as royalty for the common pup. One must not be too ostentatious if one wants to bond with the commoners. Plus I really do love all my subjects!! I would never want to put them off with an unneeded show of glitz and glamor.

Today I am going to wish my Grandpa a Happy Father's Day! That means an hour and a half trip in the DUV and treats from Grandma and pets and rubs from lots of other family members!! It's good to be a Princess! Hope all you furkids give your dads a Father's Day they never forget!!!
Belly Rubs, Princess Eva.

11 comments:

Katherine and Pippa said...

Oh what a fine walk. And so nice of you to keep checking back that the peasants are still with you.

Shouldn't it be a PUV (princess utility vehicle)?

Pippa xx

Jack & Moo said...

Aw, that's a very sweet post. Nice dogpark - we miss ours back at our old house. Enjoy your nice day!

woos & a-rooos,
Star & Jack a-roo too

Moco said...

What a lovely place to go for a stroll. We are wild heathens, so I suppose no one would want us there.

The Army of Four said...

Wait a minute! "Beach"!?! "BEACH"?!?! Do you have an ocean in Minnesota!?!? I want one SO bad here! Let me know how you got yours, OK?
LOVE the pictures - and the walking pix from your last post, too! I felt like I was right there with you!
Play bows,
Zim
PS: Mom said just let her know if you'd like any help with the KS Turv!!!

Asta said...

Pwincess EVA
You suwe gave youw Dad a lovely fathew's day with that bootiful walk...I think youw pwincessiness shows without youw tiawa, so it's weally nice of you not to make us commonews feel bad by weawing it all the time...that doggie in the cawtoon suwe is sneaky
smoochie kisses
ASTA

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Pippa is khorrekht!

It would be a PUV!!

I mean, I have the Xterra Sibe-U-V!!!

What a beeWOOOOtiful day fur a beeWOOOOtiful walk fur a beeWOOOOOtiful Princess!!!!

Make sure woo double up on the dad love today - Tasha sent some from TRB for him -

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Peanut said...

glad your dad is back helping you blog. What a lovely park you have there.

Charlie Daniels said...

That looks like a great place to go for a walk and it looks like you really enjoyed it.

Cheers

Charlie

Lorenza said...

Hi, Eva!
Happy Father's Day to your Dad!
You had a very nice walking! Too bad I don't have places like those here!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

River said...

Good choice not to go in the water--my mom says it looks 'frog snot green'! Eeeyew. Good princess always caring for her peasants on such a nice walk. Maybe you could have a less bling-blingy tiara for outside?

love & wags,
River

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

I would love to do that to my dad's sandwich, but he really watches it closely. Sometimes Wilbur gets a lick in though.

Steve