We love our Momma and Dad more than anything in the world including treats, chasing bunnies and the dog park. We know that they would never choose to leave us not even for a bazillion dollars.
But if something was to happen to both of them at the same time, they have "The Plan". Momma read recently about how many pups and cats are left homeless or dumped in a shelter if their people die and don't have a plan to continue the care of their furkids. Combined with ideas from a Belgian discussion board, Momma developed The Plan for our care.
There are a lot of details in "The Plan" but here are the basics
- Two neighbors will be our short-term caretakers. Their contact info is in The Plan
- A copy of The Plan is on the fridge, in Momma's purse, given to our neighbors and to Grandma
- If both of our parents are hospitalized, the neighbors know when, what and how much we are fed AND the name, phone # and location of our vet. Between the two neighbors, we'll get plenty of love and exercise to keep us busy. This information is written in The Plan
- If permanent care is needed, Brice goes back to his breeder to be rehomed. This is in his contract and there is no other option. Since Eva is not from an ethical breeder, she goes to Belgian Tervuren Rescue to be rehomed. Hopefully, they will work together and Brice and Eva will get placed in the same home. The contact names, phone numbers and e-mail addresses are documented in The Plan.
- Funds to pay for Eva's care and to get her to foster care and funds to get Brice back to his breeder are provided for. It is not often that Belgian Tervurens are in rescue situations and BT Rescue does a very thorough job in finding the right home.
Just something to think about,
Princess Eva & Brice