Thursday, June 19, 2008

PSA of the Month

Momma and I were sitting around the other night thinking of ideas for posts and we decided to allow one post a month to be a PSA (Public Service Announcement).

So here is this month's PSA- Several years ago, one of Momma's friends(Jane) had a well-loved Samoyed named Casper. Another friend had to find a home for her son's Samoyed named Spirit or he was going to drop her off at the humane society. (a big Boo Hiss to all people who no longer want their dog because it's no longer a cute puppy). So Momma told Jane that Spirit needed a home and Casper needed a friend and that their names worked well together. Jane went to see Spirit, fell in love with her and brought her home.

Life is good, the whole family loves Spirit, she's fed good quality food and has good health care. But Momma forgot to ask a very important question. Were Casper and Spirit fixed. You know where I'm going with this.

A few months later, Jane comes to work and says that they had been very good about keeping Casper and Spirit apart when she was in heat but their daughter had forgotten to close the door once and Spirit was going to have puppies.

A few weeks later, Spirit has 5 pups. Now one pup is the mascot of a winery in California, one lives down the street, one lives in Montana and the other two........live with Jane, Spirit, Casper and the rest of the family.

To give her credit, Jane followed the Rule of 7s so they would be well socialized and screened the homes well. She didn't plan to keep the two pups but could not find good homes for them. BTW, she lives in a town that only allows 3 dogs. So only two can go outside at a time and she walks them in pairs.

So the lesson of the day is spay and neuter your pups or you may end up with more that you planned on.

I'm fixed and Brice will be as soon as he comes to live with us,
Princess Eva

P.S. Casper has been neutered and Spirit has been spayed. Jane learned her lesson well.

8 comments:

Lacy said...

w00f's Princess Eva...heehee they always slip up...bear has been neutered and rocky will b when his mama gits over her fear of him being anestitized...hasnt been but 3 mts today, since we lost lacylulu and its like it wuz today..

b safe,
~rocky~

One of the pack said...

We've only been gone a few days, and so much has happened in your home. Puppies, rehoming, parks and a pending trip to Kansas.

Eva, you are one busy princess. Great news on the brother. Nice PSA too.
We'll try to get the human over here to be a bit more consistent. She's given some excuse about busy at work and with the new pup.

Journey, King of Tug

Charlie Daniels said...

Well I know I've been done, 'cause I seem to be missing some bits!

Cheers

Charlie

Peanut said...

the only ones who can reproduce in this house are the turtles and they don't live together so it's not a problem :) Mom says she would get them done if she could.

Girl Girl Hamster said...

That is very good advise. I can't wait to see Brice

~ Girl girl

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Nice idea on the PSA!

My SuperMalMaleBF Summi khalls the puplikhk service announcements - he's SOOOOO smart!!

Furry good advice and I so do love the Rule of 7s - I wonder if I followed them?

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: I am getting soooo furry excited fur woo! A roadtrip - a bro - and meet and greets ;-)

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

Excellent PSA. Steve and I are both in the fixed club. Wilbur too!

Kat

Unknown said...

I came from ABTCRescue, and they make sure we all have a date with the vet before we go to forever homes. I'm lost my b*&#s but I still life my leg on everything that is stationery, and some things that are not, lol, like my friends if they lay in the doggy pool too long! I can't wait to see photos from your trip!