Sunday, July 29, 2007

DWB - If we have to explain, you wouldn't understand

Warning: Momma hijacked the blog for this post.

As I sat up Saturday night to show my support of Meeshka's people and Steve, Kat and Wilbur's people during the Blogathon, I started to think. Admittedly, that can be dangerous but I was thinking of the commitment that they were making to improve the lives of other dogs. This lead me to thinking all of the dogs here at DWB of which many are rescues.

Yes, we have told people that Tasha and Eva have a blog. Some people get it and some look at us as if we're cracked (or on crack).

Dad was the one who brought DWB into our lives. One day he was searching the Net and the AO4 popped up. This led to reading some of the other blogs. Soon he decided the "girls" needed their own blog. Which brought me into the DWB world (had to keep up with the "girls"). For both of us, we started reading some of the blogs here at DWB as a way to get a chuckle out of the day. But it's grown to be much more than that. We laugh, we cry or just stop by to say "Hey". We don't post or comment as often as we would like but it is a wonderful community that we are proud to be part of.

But it is not all fun and games. Like others, I have sat and cried over dogs that have passed to the bridge that I have never met but I know the pain that their people are are feeling because we have been there. Each time, I hear of another going to the bridge, I think of Tia who was diagnosed with advanced cancer when she was only 5. It's been almost 3 1/2 years since we eased her journey to the bridge - her puppy picture is on the fridge and we still talk about her. Our friends, family and neighbors extended their condolences, but most of them did not understand. Here at DWB, you will find others who understand the extent of the emotions. It's amazing to see the love and support from this community to the grieving family.

On a lighter note, we do have friends (with and without dogs) that stop by the blog to check up on the girls because they know that they are important to us. And it might give them chuckle or two. Or let them know what is going on in our lives. (we got a call from one just five minutes after posting this).

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." - Unknown

To our Tasha and Eva, you are our girls and we love you. Yes, you can have a treat. (Eva, you owe Momma a pair of shoes)

That being said, I promise not to hijack their blog again. I'm turning it back over to the girls.

DWB - If we have to explain, you wouldn't understand.

10 comments:

IndyPindy said...

I love having so many friends that I have made through Dogs With Blogs!

About the sponsorship:

You can make the check out to: Harnessed to Hope Northern Breed Rescue and send it to:

P.O. Box 21202
Philadelphia, PA 19114-0702

In the memo line, just write "sponsorship for Indy".

Thanks so much!

Katherine and Pippa said...

It is good to know others think in a similar way.

Adrian cheerfully tells people to go and look at the dogblog and you can visibly see the cogs whirring round in their minds......

But some look, and say they like it.

We agree with all you've said.

Kate and Pippa (and Adrian but he's getting a bit sick of the tears at the moment!)

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Yeah life with DWB friends sure is great. :) I've made so many friends from here


~ girl girl

The Daily Echo said...

Very well said! We also get some weird looks when we talk about our Blog to some, but we figure if they don't get it they'll just have to find something else to brighten their day. I hope you don't mind that I've added you to my list of Favorite Blogs!
ECHO

The Daily Echo said...

Very well said! We also get some weird looks when we talk about our Blog to some, but we figure if they don't get it they'll just have to find something else to brighten their day. I hope you don't mind that I've added you to my list of Favorite Blogs!
ECHO

The Army of Four said...

Great post! You either "get it" or you don't.
Tail wags,
Stormy

The Husky in the Window said...

Great post Tasha and Eva's Mom. My Mom found the DWB by accident too, and now loves being a part of this community. Maybe one day we can all meet in person, but until then, we love our DWB family.
Husky Hugs,
MayaMarie, Missy and Gerri (Mom)

Khady Lynn said...

Holly's mom here. Extremely well put! I love this community. It is a place where humans and dogs and share their love and laughter and learn about each other. Most humans think I'm a weirdo for the love and devotion I show my furkids. They think I'm weird that my dog has her own blog. They just don't get it, and probably never will. Do I care? Not at all. Because I know there are others out there with me in this DWB community who feel the exact same way. And, I think we are probably a lot more close than a lot of actual "families" when it comes to understanding each other, and sharing in the fun, laughter, lows, sorrows, and grief, that we experience here. It is not hard for me, as you stated, to shed tears over these beloved dogs or other pets, that leave the lives of their beloved Hu-parents. I'm sure we've all been there, and know how deeply sad it is to lose them. So we can understand, and share our pain and grieving with them. That's what this community is about. Sharing. We do it well I think.

Jan

Lizzy said...

That was a great post! I really enjoyed reading it. Lizzy and I are very glad to be a part of DWB!

Sparky

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

Very good! When asked what I was going to do all weekend last weekend, I wasn't sure whether to admit that I was going to spend 24 hours and stay up all night "helping" my two dogs write on their blog! Most people think I'm completely nuts, but blogging with the dogs has been fun and addictive. And I feel like we've really made some friends!!

Valerie (Steve & Kat's mom)